These fees are out of control: airline baggage fees, ATM fees, paper statement fees, fees hidden in phone and cable bills, hotel internet fees, cell phone fees, and taxes on everything but air. I'm sure any minute a fee for breathing will be annouced. Forget Americans are struggling to put food on their table and clothes on their backs. America is in a recession and 14million Americans are unemployed, just goes to show how large corp don't give a dam about anyone but themselves.
Although these fees will not affect me because I usually keep a $2,000 to $3,000 balance in my checking, I still plan to close my account. God forbid one day I'm unemployed or have to use those funds for an emergency. Then I would be on the chopping block also. How to avoid being raped by banks? Join a credit union.
- Credit unions' focus on serving consumers keeping fees low.
- Credit unions are non profit financial institutions they are owned and controlled by members. Consumers like you and I.
- Credit unions' has a nation wide system of 25,000 free ATMs making credit unions convenient for everyone.
- There are nearly ten million members in California and Nevada and more than 90 million nationwide.
- You can join a credit union based upon the community where you live, your employment, school, association, or place of worship.
- Becoming a credit union member is easier than joining a bank! To locate a credit union in your area, click here or call 1-800-919-2872.