Karin Darnell Rihanna's Makeup Artist Interview With Rihanna Daily

RihannaDaily: How did you start working with Rihanna?
Karin Darnell: I started working with Rihanna about 4 years ago! I was her make up artist in the UK and Europe. This progressed to USA and rest of the world just over a year ago. From the ‘Hard’ video onwards.

RihannaDaily: Are you a fan of her/were you a fan before you’ve started working together?
Karin Darnell: When I started working with Rihanna, only ‘Pon the Replay’ had been released, I loved the song and after I met her, I loved working with her too!
I work with many major artists and you never know where things may lead and how an artists career will go! I was certain Rihanna would turn out to be a major artist, but as an English make up artist, based in London, I could never have anticipated my future role in her image! And I feel truly blessed and genuinely enjoy the creative process working along side Ursula (hair) and Mariel and Rob (stylists) and or course with Rihanna herself!


RihannaDaily: Is Rihanna allowing you to put any kind of make-up you suggest or does she participate in the process of creation of her look? 

Karin Darnell: Whenever I answer questions about the make up looks on Rihanna, I always acknowledge it as a collaboration between Rihanna and myself! Everything is a work in progress! We both love fashion, and trends! Rihanna ‘gets it!’ I like to move forward all the time. Make up is there… to experiment with and to celebrate. Sometimes extreme but always an expression of the moment! Rihanna is the perfect artist, she is most importantly, open minded and unafraid! This is rare! Very rare! I have been in the business for over 20 years, and I appreciate how special it is!
 To read more visit rihannadaily.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Ӏ've been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!

my website - purchase steroids

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...