Supermodel Iman's Daughter Zulekha Haywood Was Dieting At Age 8

The daughter of Iman has spoken for the first time about her weight issues.

Zulekha Haywood, 31, described how hard it was growing up overweight alongside her slender fashion model mother. 'I have more or less been on a diet since I was eight years old. None of them worked,' she told Glamour magazine in the U.S.

'An overweight kid and already dining for sport, my first was the “basta” diet. At home, my mother, Iman, a beauty icon and devotee of clean eating, would whisper "basta" (“enough” in Italian) when I was in danger of overeating. 'The choice was always mine, and I usually put down the fork. But I also got hip to late-night snacking, raiding the refrigerator and cupboards after midnight.'

She decided on gastric band surgery after doctors said her future health would be at risk from being morbidly obese. Read more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...