Jimmy Choo Founder Tamara Mellon Goes Nude For Interview Magazine

img-tamara-mellon_130836849183
Tamara Mellon tells Interview Magazine:

"Journalists normally come in with a preconceived idea about what I’m like. They have all these assumptions that aren’t accurate. They want this fantasy of this sort of tough businesswoman, red-carpet thing. That’s the story they want."

JOHNSON-HILL: You look stunning. I couldn’t turn my eyes away—I think I’ve re-looked at it about five times.
TAMARA MELLON: Oh, my god! I mean, it’s nude but it’s chic. But with that reaction, okay . . . I wonder what they’ll say at the next board meeting.
JOHNSON-HILL: What was your motivation to do all that back then?
TAMARA MELLON: Independence.
JOHNSON-HILL: Independence from what?
TAMARA MELLON: Independence from a very dysfunctional family.
JOHNSON-HILL: So you were totally driven by creating something that would become your own and be your baby.
TAMARA MELLON: Yes, it was almost like buying my freedom.
JOHNSON-HILL: Well, what motivates you now?
TAMARA MELLON: There were two things that motivated me then: independence, and passion about what I was doing. And those are still the things that motivate me now. I still have that passion for creating a product. And I will never be dependent on a man. I will never be dependent on a husband or a boyfriend or a father. That’s one thing that’s really important to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...